InLoox PM 7 uses its own category list for the projects, which is independent from the Outlook one. The list has key advantages in the multiuser versions InLoox PM Workgroup or Enterprise Server in comparison to the standard Outlook category list:
- The category list is consistent across all workstations. This saves manual reconciliation effort between the individual workstations.
- The list can only be maintained by the InLoox PM administrator, which ensures that only standard categories are available.
To manage a category in InLoox PM 7, do the following:
Open the InLoox PM options.
For more information on how to open the InLoox PM options, see Open the InLoox PM options.
Under General options click Categories . On the right side, you see the Categories area:
- Do one of the following:
- Insert a new category in InLoox PM by clicking New. In the New Category dialog box, in the Name field enter a new name.
- Change the name of an existing category. Choose one category from the list and click Edit.
- Remove a category from InLoox PM by clicking Delete.
- Click OK or Apply to save the changes in InLoox PM.
Effects of editing or deleting a category:
- The renaming of a category takes immediate effect in all related projects.
- The deletion of a category takes immediate effect in all related projects.