The InLoox PM contact manager gives users the possibility to create an “InLoox PM contact” for each project member, even if they are not available as Outlook or Exchange contacts. You can save the InLoox PM contacts and edit the information about people and organizations you communicate with.
The procedure of creating and editing is the same.
- On the Outlook Ribbon, click the InLoox PM tab.
On the InLoox Ribbon, in the Views group, click Contacts.
In Outlook 2003/2007, click InLoox PM Folder in the InLoox PM Toolbar and then Contacts in the InLoox PM project list.
On the Start tab, in the New group, click New Contact.
In Outlook 2003/2007, click New Contact in the InLoox PM project list.
To assign a new contact to the address book choose first an address book from the drop-down list Address Book, then click New Contact.
For more information on how to assign a new address book, see Add, manage or delete an address book.
In the New Contact dialog box perform one of the following actions:
- In the General area enter the general information to the contact such as Title, First name, Name, etc.
In the Internet and Phone area, enter the following information: Email, Website, Phone, Fax, Pager.
For multiple phone numbers, use the fields Phone 2 and Mobile.
- In the Address area, type the business address information of this contact in the respective fields.
- Optionally, you can add a birthday reminder in the Additional area.
- Type a note in the Note area, if you want.
- As soon as you have entered all information perform one of the following actions:
- Create more contacts On the Contact tab, in the Actions group, click New contact.
- Finish entering new contacts In the Actions group, click Save and close.
Send an email notification to the contact In the Actions group, click Email notification.
You will find these commands as well as the command Save on the File tab.
- The contact management must be activated in the InLoox PM options in order to create new contacts. For more information see Activate the contact management.
- The Contact dialog box for already saved contacts also contains the Projects, assigned with this contact area. There, you see all projects to which this contact is assigned. The standard grouping is set according to the project roles.