The load chart provides a central overview of the allocation of all relevant resources that is always up-to-date. Please proceed as follows to display the load chart:
Click the InLoox PM tab, then click in the InLoox PM Ribbon, in the Views group, Resources.
In this case, the Resource Overview loads resources system-wide.
In Outlook 2003/2007, click Extras in the InLoox PM Toolbar and choose Resource Overview from the list.
You can also load the resource overview for a specific project. For more information, please see Call up and manage resources.
The following features are available:
- The view always filters the resources and workloads by the time period specified by Select time period.
- Duration and degree of the workload are shown by the bars in the upper right part:
- Yellow bar (workload 1% - 100%)
- Red bar (workload 101% - 149%)
- Dark red bar (workload over 150%)
- The example shows the overloading of the resource "Ella Macgregory", which results from the occupation in two activities. If appointments are on record in the Outlook calendar of an Exchange resource, the resource counts as fully loaded (100%) in the given time period. To hide the calendar deactivate the option Display Exchange calendar.
- Today's date is shown by a vertical red day line.
- The warning symbol shows that an overbooking of a resource has occurred in the indicated period. The workload of the resource exceeds 100%. The alert icon doesn't give any information about the duration or the extent of the overbooking.
- The external resources are marked with .
- A click on the plus sign next to the resource displays the workload details. These include the projects and activities to which the resource is assigned and, in case of internal resources, also the Outlook calendar. The details of the resource can be hidden by clicking the minus sign .
- The clicking on an activity centers the workload overview.
- If the resource overview is called up from within a project, activities from other projects are shown grey.
The details will be displayed, if the cursor is moved over a bar:
The percentage indicates the workload of the resource. The time period and duration display the length of the workload.
- A click on a resource displays a graphical overview of the workload data within the defined period. These include the projects and activities which have been assigned to that resource as well as the Exchange calendar, if the resource is internal.
- A yellow field indicates that a resource is occupied, but not overallocated in the specified time period.
- A shaded yellow field indicates that a resource is overallocated in the specified time period.
You can edit several entries in the load chart at the same time by clicking the respective entries while holding down the CTRL key. Then right-click to open the context menu and perform the required action.