The status defines different project states and degrees of completion. You can find the project status in the project, on the Management page, in the Schedule area.
You can define as many project statuses as you want in the InLoox PM options and connect them to the project progress expressed as a percentage. This is how you do it:
Open the dialog box InLoox PM Options.
For more information on how to open the InLoox PM options, please see Open the InLoox PM options.
Under General options click Project statuses. On the right side, you will the Project statuses area:
- Do one of the following:
- Create a new project status by clicking New. In the New Project Status dialog box, enter a name and a progress (in %). The progress is a percentage figure, i.e. an integer between 0 and 100.
- Edit the existing project status. Choose one status from the list and click Edit.
- Remove the selected project status from InLoox PM by clicking Delete.
You can change the status position in the list. Click Arrow Up to move it upwards or Arrow Down to move it downwards in the list.
Use the filter feature to quickly reach the needed data from each column. For more information, see Search and filter in a project.
- Click OK or Apply to save the changes in InLoox PM.
The project statuses list contains the name and progress of each state. The sequence of this list corresponds to the sequence displayed in the projects, on the Management page.
Effects of editing or deleting a status:
- Adding a new status has no effect on existing projects.
- Changing the sequence of states has no effect on existing projects.
- Changes to the state (e.g. name, progress in %) take immediate effect in all relevant projects.
- Deleting a state causes all projects using it to remain without state until the user makes a manual correction.