InLoox PM 8 for Outlook helps you speeding up your project communication. The email templates allow you to insert pre-defined and project-related information into a new email. You can add new email templates as well as modify the default templates in the InLoox PM 8 options.
This is how you can use the email template feature in new emails:
- Open a new email.
- Select a project in the quick access panel.
- Select an email template.
- Add the selected template by clicking Insert.
- The text template will be added to your email and the project manager of the selected project will be inserted to the email recipients.
You can create, rename or delete email templates in the InLoox PM options.
Open the dialog box InLoox PM Options.
For more information about how to open the InLoox PM options, please see Open the InLoox PM options.
Under Email Templates click Templates. On the right side you will see the Email templates area.
- You can choose from the following actions:
- Add a new template by clicking New. On the New Email Template dialog box, please follow these steps:
- Enter a name in the Template Name field.
- Define the email field rules such as Recipient, CC Recipient, BCC Recipient and Subject. Click Fields and choose from the drop-down list the field you want, e.g. <PROJECT_MANAGER_0>.
- Click OK.
- Change the saved template by clicking Edit. In the Edit Email Template dialog box, you can make your changes (see the first point).
Customize the template content for a report with the InLoox PM email designer. Choose a template from the list and click Design.
For instructions on how to work with the InLoox PM report designer, see Work with the report designer and the help documentation of the designer.
- Remove a template permanently from InLoox PM. Choose a template from the list and click Delete.
- Load a template from your local data. Click Import and choose a template in the Open Email Template dialog box, then click Open.
- Save a template in your local data if you want to send it to other users. Click Export and choose a storage location in the Save Email Template dialog box, where you want to save it. Click Save.
- Use the filter feature to quickly reach the needed data from each column. For more information, see Search and filter in a project.
- Click OK or Apply to save the changes in InLoox PM.