In the project, in the Start tab, in the Sections group, click Time Tracking to open the Time Tracking page. On this page, in the Edit tab, you find the following features:
Add a new time tracking entry On the Edit tab, in the Edit group, click New.
For more information, see Create and edit a time tracking entry.
- Edit a time tracking entry On the Edit tab, in the Edit group, click Edit to add further information to the selected item.
- Remove a time tracking entry On the Edit tab, in the Edit group, click Delete to remove the selected entry from the time tracking list.
Highlight a time tracking entry Select one entry from the list and click Flag in the Edit group, on the Edit tab. Choose one colour from the drop-down list.
Now you can see the selected flag next to the entry in the list.
- Expand or reduce the time tracking view Change the view by using the Expand All or Collapse All buttons in the Common group on the View tab to have a clearly structured time tracking view.
- Choose Fields This feature sorts and organizes the time tracking view by selected data. Click Choose Fields in the Common group, on the View tab.
- On the Choose Fields dialog box, click one field, e.g. Customer, and drag it into the column header.
- Reset the fields via Drag and Drop into the dialog box.
Search and find time tracking entry Click Filter in the Common group, in the View tab to quickly find the needed entry.
For more information on how to use filter feature, see Search and find projects, in the Use filters section.
Create a report On the Reports tab, you can create a report.
In the Create group, click New Report. In the New Report dialog box, on the Report tab, choose a template from the Use this template drop-down list. Filter the data in the Time tracking tab and click Create.
For more information on how to issue a report and adjust the data, see Create a report.
In the Reports group select a saved report from the gallery view, e.g. Time tracking.
For more information on how to add a new budget template to InLoox PM, please see Manage report templates.
Information rules in the time tracking list
- A time tracking item can be marked with one of these flags .
- A symbol shows that one or more documents are linked to the time tracking item. Click it to open a list of the linked and added documents. In this list you can open a document by clicking it and clicking Download.
- The list is sorted by date in descending sequence and can be grouped and sorted.
Features in the context menu
The context menu provides you with almost all basic features that can also be found on the Time Tracking page, such as New, Edit and Delete. It has also features such as Expand and Collapse All or Choose Fields. Right-click in the time tracking list to open the context menu.
If the lock icon is displayed in the list, you don't have read permissions. In this case, no time tracking entry will be displayed.